Instrument Flight Instructor
A Certified Flight Instructor Instrument Rating (CFII) is required to give instrument instruction to other pilots. Our CFII program focuses on giving you effective practical methods to prepare pilots for their instrument rating.
- All of those required and listed under the initial Certified Flight Instructor training.
- Receive and log flight and ground training and obtain a logbook endorsement from an authorized instructor on the following areas of operations for an airplane category rating with a single-engine class rating:
1. Fundamentals of instructing
2. Technical support areas
3. Preflight preparation
4. Preflight lesson on a maneuver to be performed in flight
5. Preflight procedures
6. Air traffic control clearances and procedures
7. Flight by references to instruments
8. Navigation aids
9. Instrument approach procedures
10. Emergency operations
11. Post flight procedures
- Complete a practical test that will be given as a final exam by an FAA inspector as specified in the FAA's Flight Instructor Instrument Practical Test Standards